This story is about a freak accident that happened when a man gave a woman a hickey. So this alone shouldn't stop you from giving hickeys. The fact that you're not 12 years old should stop you from giving hickeys.
New Zealand, a 44-year-old woman and her boyfriend were hooking up and he gave her a hickey on her neck. Shortly after, she felt like something was wrong. REALLY wrong. So she went to the hospital.
When she got there, it turned out the hickey had caused a STROKE.
Apparently, she had a blood clot she didn't know about in her neck. When her boyfriend gave her the hickey, the suction loosened up the clot . . . it traveled down to her heart . . . and caused the stroke.
It gets worse. Because of the stroke, she now has minor, partial paralysis on the right side of her body. Now . . . before you panic, the doctors in New Zealand who treated her say that they've NEVER seen a case like this before. Ever. In the history of the world.
Dr. Teddy Wu treated the woman at the Middlemore Hospital in Auckland. He says, quote, "We looked around the medical literature and having a love bite cause something like that hasn't been described before."
From Daily Mail